W6VLD / K6NX
EOC Checklist | Frequencies | Overview | New Member | Disaster Preparedness | SEMS | NTS | ECT Team | Presentations | Club Officers | Web Team | Links | Events | RACES/CERT Info | Bylaws | Constitution | Tower | Station
Huntington Beach / Seal Beach
Emergency Operations Center
Ham Radio Checklist
- Check in with the Personnel Unit (in Logistics) upon arrival at the HB EOC.
- Report to EOC Director and Operations Chief.
- Power up the EOC radio and assume net control duties.
- Determine if HF communications are needed and delegate task if so.
- Establish and maintain a log which chronologically describes
your actions taken during your shift.
- Determine your resource needs, such as a log, scratch paper,
or other reference documents.
- Perform net control duties and provide status to Operations Chief.
- Keep a record of each operator and where they are located.
- Deactivate your assigned position and close out logs when authorized by the EOC Director.
- Complete all required forms, reports, and other documentation.
All forms should be submitted through your supervisor to the
Planning/Intelligence Section, as appropriate, prior to your departure.
- Be prepared to provide input to the after-action report.
- If another person is relieving you, ensure they are thoroughly briefed
before you leave your work station.
- Clean up your work area before you leave.
- Leave a forwarding phone number where you can be reached.
News items, editorial comments and views expressed in this website do not necessarily reflect the views of The Boeing Company.